Monday, May 20, 2013

Not so Nerd

It hasn't been too long since my last post. At least I don't think it has. I really don't know. I didn't go check, but since I'm babysitting and the children are napping(ish), I thought I would write another post.

I haven't done many nerdy/geeky things since my last post. I went and saw Star Trek Into Darkness and dressed up for it. That's really about it. : /

Star Trek was pretty good. I can honestly say though, I didn't go in expecting much. After I was let down by the last one (which was also good, but I really can't stand Spock/Uhura. It's just... no.), I went into this one expecting to see Karl Urban and Benedict Cumberbatch, which I did, so all of my expectations were fulfilled. I was pretty upset about the "Big Reveal" even though I suspected it was coming all along. I'm also a bit sad that there wasn't more Bones-Kirk-Spock dynamic. That was basically what the Original Series was about. Then again there wasn't much Scotty in there either. Bones and Scotty were basically the comedic side of the movie. That's okay because Karl can be hilarious and Simon Pegg is pretty hilarious himself. Still, there should be more Bones.
My friend and I dressed up for it. No one took a picture with us, which made me sad, but we still looked awesome so it was awesome anyway.

Is crochetting nerdy/geeky? Is crocheting spelled with one t or two? Is two t's British spelling? Who knows. I crocheted a bag for my laptop the other day because I found yarn I really liked and had no idea what to do with it once I bought it. That happened to me occasionally. You'd be surprised how many full skeins of yarn I have because I liked the colors.

I bought my mom a geeky/nerdy clock for Mother's Day. It runs on water. I got it from ThinkGeek.com. I thought it was pretty cool. No one else seemed to think it was as cool as I did though.

I've started watching Hercules: The Legendary Journeys because I can. It's just as cheesy as I remember, but quite a bit more "racy". Seriously, those women have like nothing on. I didn't remember that from when I watched it when I was young. Not that we watched it much when I was young (that I remember). Star Trek, Jeopardy and, oddly, Fresh Prince of Bel Air is what I remember watching with my parents.

I think having watched Jeopardy from a very young age is where I got my random thing of picking up bits of trivia that will never ever do me any good. My brain always says Math is not important, but knowing how the Julio-Claudian emperors died is (also how they are randomly related).

Yeah it's weird.

Anyway, I think that's enough for today and my computer is dying and I don't have my charger with me. Ta ta!

2 comments:

  1. I started watching Xena and stopped after 10 minutes. I... just... couldn't... do... it. I'll try again when I recover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm watching Hercules first before I move on to Xena. Though, I can't say they're that much different. Except that Xena had a lot more sexual tension between her and her sidekick than Hercules had. Also, Xena had a lot more Karl Urban in it, which is why I'm watching in the first place.

      Delete