Monday, July 30, 2012

Bane and Aladdin

It's a couple of days overdue for a new blog post and it's incredibly hot in my house and I should shower, so I'm going to write post because... that makes sense... yes...

Since my last post, I've seen The Dark Knight Rises twice, the new Aladdin musical once, made a new necklace, got a shirt and one for free, and painted my nails more than I should have.

I enjoyed the Aladdin musical. It was funny. WAY TOO LONG, but funny. I admit I was disappointed that there was no Abu, no Iago (parrot-wise) and no elephants, but I kind of figured there wouldn't be. I believe they should have stuck with the original songs from the movie and not added any. Most, I felt, were unnecessary. The Genie (as always) was the best character and really stole the show. Abu was changed into three friend of Aladdin and Iago was changed into a human. The man who played Iago did an excellent job, but I felt like he wasn't the same Iago was in the movies, more of a sniveling little yes-man than a snark side-kick.

I have a... very small obsession with painting my nails. They have to be painted or it bothers me. I think I painted them three times last week. The second time because the first time got messed up because it wasn't dry and the third time because I painted them too fast the second time and there were tiny air bubbles in them... I have issues.

Yes, I have seen TDKR twice. Almost three times, but my family are nerdfaces and didn't want to go. I really loved Bane [no, not just because he was played by Tom Hardy (who I adore!)]. I loved that he was like this big macho gun-for-hire and yet had this amazing voice and eloquence. If you've seen it, you understand. Also, and I know other disagree with me, I think he's just as good a villain as the Joker. I adore the Joker because he did what he did because he could, for the fun of it. Bane nearly killed Batman multiple times and, SPOILER did what he did because of the woman he loved, END SPOILER I think that's awesome.

As for the shirts, after I saw TDKR the first time, I REALLY wanted to buy a Bane shirt, but as he is the villain, there wasn't any in any stores that I saw that I liked. Most were not attractive. I was not happy. So I went on Amazon (the worst/best place ever) and found one that I liked. It was more than I wanted to pay, but it was the cheapest and had the design I wanted. I ordered it and found out it was going to take them 6-10 days to even get it ready to ship to me. I admit, I was a bit upset. Even more upset when I got it and found out it was a design I didn't want. However, the good news is (after I complained because, dude, I paid good money for this shirt), they're sending me the correct one (no charge) and I get to keep the other one too! Two Bane shirts for the price of one! AWESOME!!! BEST SELLERS EVER!

I'd post a picture of the necklace I made, but I don't really feel like it, but know it's a button with a nail on it (to hold the string/rope) with a picture of Bane in it. I wanted it to be kind of industrial looking. Overall I'm very happy with it and if I ever get off my butt, I'll post a picture of it, but I'm lazy... so I probably won't.

2 comments:

  1. I object to being called a nerdface! And I love that you got a free shirt, Amazon really is the best/worst store ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two now actually. The one they sent again was the same they sent before and they said keep both. Hopefully, the next one will be correct.
      Also, you are a nerdface.

      Delete